- To be the source and focal reference for financial and accounting information of the Department
- To provide quality financial and accounting services for the Department
- To ensure that all financial and accounting activities adhere to rules and procedures laid down in:-
- Financial Procedure Act 1957.
- Treasury Instructions.
- Treasury Circulars.
- Service Circulars.
- General Orders and Supplementary Regulations.
- To prepare Yearly Expenditure Estimates, Periodic Budget Analysis and Budgetary Controls.
- To manage, supervise and control daily financial and accounting activities and to maintain proper accounting records for all transactions.
- To prepare and provide essential, accurate and complete financial and accounting information for management and other authorized users.
- Maintain record for all allocation received and expenditures incurred by the Department and to ensure expenditures do not exceed allocation.
- Allocate warrants to Department's divisional offices and other Agencies where required.
- Prepare payments for Suppliers of goods and services procured by Department, contract claims, consultancy fees, land compensation and staff claims.
- Issue Purchase Orders for procurement of goods and services.
- Collect payment for tender deposit, tender document fees, sales of maps and sales of boarded-off items.
- Prepare salary inputs and salary adjustments for staff.
- Reconciliation of accounts between Treasury's report and Department's record.
- Prepare Monthly Return of Expenditure to Department allocating fund.
- Maintain cash book, bill registers & Trust and Deposit accounts.
- Prepare and generate Monthly and Ad-Hoc Financial Reports for Management and other authorized users.
5. CLIENT CHARTER